My Winter Wardrobe Must Haves

So its official....... autumn has been and gone and its now winter. It is beyond freezing in Dublin, so i have resorted to skipping past the Autumn jumpers and jumping straight to the winter coats. I will admit there is something about it being cold and wet outside when drinking hot chocolate watching from the warmth of you home... or Starbucks!! Which is usually where you will find me on days like this. 

This is usually done wearing a snuggly jumper, winter boots and a cosy coat. In my opinion these are the holy grail for anybody battling the winter cold.. and trying to avoid the winter flu. I had planned to do a post about my fashionable threesome for a while but with this absolutely shocking weather at the moment I thought it was about time, plus it gave me some blog inspiration!!

The great thing about these three is that if you buy a good one once, it will last for years. Granted the cosy jumper may change from season to season, buy a good one and it will stay with you for years. A jacket on the other hand will most definitely be hanging in your wardrobe for every winter, or in Ireland September - March!!! Plus new shoes are always needed so no need to justify the boots to you!!

I hunted for the perfect mix to suit ( hopefully) everyones tastes plus 'Window Shopping' for myself... who am I kidding at least 3 of these will be mine by the end of the month. 

Coats
Its physically impossible to go the winter without a big, warm coat. Its a must have, unless your lucky enough to live somewhere where sun shines all day and a cardigan is the most you need. Coats are a great asset to any wardrobe no matter how many you already have, another isn't going to hurt. 


1.Asos 2. Topshop 3.Zara 4.Zara 5. Asos 6. Zara

Buy one of these coats now and more than likely it will be in fashion next season. I would advise a trench coat. I have mine 3 years and its like new. Best coat purchase and it goes with everything, Its one of those things you will never regret.


Jumpers


A good, cosy jumper should be a year round staple in any girls ( and guys) wardrobe. It is the perfect thing to throw on over jeans or leggings when your not feeling so cute and still looks like you made a serious effort. Its also a great way to incorporate color and pattern into an outfit. At the moment I am loving cable knit jumpers, especially in cream and maroon. Cant get enough of the winter colors. 

Also how cute is jumper number 6? What an amazing way to add some jewelry to your outfit with a statement piece like this. Im in love! 

1. Asos 2. Mango 3. Asos  4. Topshop 5. Zara 6. Topshop

Boots

Boots are a must have for muggy winter weather. In the last two days I'v learned the hard way and lived with a puddle in my Uggs. Safe to say I shall be investing in one of the pairs below this weekend. These can be worn over leggings, jeans or even tights and a skirt. A good pair of boots, like a coat, can last a lifetime.... or 2-3 years if minded carefully. If you are investing in boots this season make sure to protect them with a shoe protecting spray. The lifesaver for boots in the rain or snow. 



1.Office 2. Zara 3. Zara 4. Zara 5.Aldo


Hope you guys enjoyed my picks, and I hope I don't make you go shopping crazy ( yet when is that ever a bad thing) I feel in even writing this post I have made myself crave a shopping spree. I promise it will only be for these three essentials!!!

x

0 comments:

Post a Comment