Saturday Night Fiesta!!!!!

If there is one thing I love more than fashion, Its food. Cooking is quickly becoming a serious love of mine , and I love being able to share my love of it with all of you!! 
A few months ago I stumbled upon an amazing recipe for steak fajitas. Its a 1 hour marinade that is seriously worth waiting for. 
So while bored earlier I decided I would be a lovely girlfriend and cook himself a nice cosy dinner. We are being super healthy so we decided to do a gluten free and cheese free fajita and honestly you don't miss them at all. 

It's done in 3 stages and can be quite bowl consuming and may involve a lot of mid cooking washing, but believe me you will thank me for this recipe. 

Stage 1-Marinade 

Ingredients;
1 Lime
2 Cloves of Garlic per person
2 Teaspoons of Cumin per person
Handful of Coriander 
A large drizzle of Olive Oil
1 Steak cut into strips


We usually marinate our steaks separately because he like his medium, and I like mine with lots of Garlic. 
In a bowl mix all the ingredients and leave them to set for 1 hour+ 
see easy peasy:)

Stage 2 - Guacamole 

Ingredients:
2 Avocados 
Juice of 1 lime
2 cloves of Garlic
2 Red Chillies
1 Green Chili
Drizzle of Olive Oil
Handful Of Coriander.

Throw everything into a blender and blitz until its slightly mushy with a few chunks. If you like throw in a bit of salt and pepper. It goes amazing with cayenne pepper covered roasted tortilla chips. 




Stage 3; Veggies and Cooking
There is nothing better to serve this dish with then peppers and an onion. Chop 1 green, 1 red pepper and an onion and throw all of them in a bowl.



Now I know this may be slightly odd, but I find the best way to cook this dish is in a wok. It just makes the steak taste soo much juicier. Don't throw all of the marinade in with the steak it starts to make it deep fry which is not good. Instead throw it over the veggies. I usually do the steaks one by one to suit everyone's cooking preferences. So have tin foil ready and package them up all nice and pretty ready to eat.



Cook your veggies until they are slightly soft but still crunchy. Serve with sour cream and salsa. 




This is seriously one of the most amazing recipes I know and hope you guys love it too! Let me know if you try it out. Also don't forget to serve it with my signature vodka lime. Its vodka , juice of one lime, chopped lime and soda water. A guilt free way to enjoy alcohol .

Bon Appetite 

x

0 comments:

Post a Comment