My Mexican Food Obsession

So anyone who knows me , or knows my Facebook check ins will know that I have a complete obsession with a restaurant. This obsession started about 2 years ago when trying to decide on a place for dinner with himself. Thanks to that one date night I have acquired a restaurant addiction. I think it's safe to say I go AT LEAST once every two weeks if not once a week! It really is that good, and really insanely cheap too. Best of both worlds in my opinion.


The restaurant in question is Cortina's. it's located in Dundrum Shopping Centre. It is by far the best mexican restaurant I have ever been to in Dublin , if not the World, and before you ask I'm totally not exaggerating.

Now I know what you may think, being such a regular there and must have tried the whole menu, well your wrong. Bar having the Fajittas twice I have been quite committed to my signature meal of *drum rolls* my beloved Salsa Sampler and Chicken Flautas. I was recommended these by one of the waitresses on my first visit and I have been faithful ever since.






The Salsa Sampler has to be one of the best dishes this restaurant has developed by the chefs. It's a selection of 14 different salsas , ranging from sour cream, to Guacamole, one with pomegranate to my love my habanero chilli salsa, it's spicy so be warned. This dish is served with fresh tortilla chips and has an unlimited free refill policy all for the insanely reasonable price of 12.50! It's safe to say I get my money's worth of it, it's also the perfect dish for sharing with friends!!!
Thankfully I discovered this restaurant serves "Tapas" size dishes, which when paired with my regularly refilled salsa works perfectly and you leave the restaurant feeling well fed and not overly full.
I went with himself for a date night dinner and *him only* decided to branch out and try some new things!!



It's safe to stay I stuck to the old faithfuls which never disappoint. A tortilla wrap filled with shredded chicken and jack cheese may sound plain but it's perfection. Garnished with sour cream drizzle and feta cheese it's like a party in my tummy.

Himself ordered a newbie to the menu, "Molletes". Described as a " Mexican style pizza bread with (in his case) chicken , refried beans, jalapeƱos , spring and red onions". I had a little nibble of it and although amazingly tasty I kinda think the bread was a bit too .....bread-y.

He also ordered Chicken Quesadillas for the 'table' aka himself. They are the most incredibly tasty tortillas stuffed with 3 types of cheese , refried beans, served with Roja Salsa and Crema. Although very cheesy they are soo tasty.


And of course I couldn't go to a Mexican without having a mojito. It would be rude not to. I went for a classic rum mojito, although they do offer a tequila version. Cortinas actually has the biggest selection of tequilas in Ireland so it's a must to try next time.

Would you believe this all came for the tiny sum of €40!!! It's almost too good to be true. I urge you all to go and try it. I cannot recommend this place more, and anyone I recommend it too has loved it.
Of course given this is indeed a fashion blog I really should include my OOTD! I kept it simple and cosy, mostly because Ireland has been lingering around the 0 degree mark and I truly wasn't bothered changing.




Jumper: Zara
Jeans :Topshop
Boots: Chocolate Uggs
Bag: My trusty chain bag from Zara

I do appologies for the quality of the pictures the only camera I had on me was my trusty IPhone. But still low quality pictures are better than nothing.

 Also not only is Cortinas amazing for food, they also do incredible things for charity. Currently they are promoting 'Movember'. Some of you may not know about Movember but it is a world wide charity event for men to grow mustaches during the month of November and raise money. All of these funds go towards the prevention of male prostate cancer. It is very big in Ireland at the moment and is such a great cause. Now given women aren't as skilled at mustache growing as men, Cortinas kindly supplies us with free 'mustaches' with the bill. 


how do you think it suits ? ;) 

x

0 comments:

Post a Comment