My Trip in Paris

Bonjour!! Happy New Year my loves. Currently I'm writing this from my bed after an amazing few days in Paris. For the first New Year's Eve  I'm  away in my favourite city in the world with one of my favourite people in the world. 

This year myself and the boy decided to run away for New Years and celebrate it in style. This is the boys first time Paris and now he's in love with the city. 

Now that I'm finally over my post Paris downer I'm ready to start the New Year of blogging with a post all about my favourite city in the whole world. 

we arrived on Monday, and while waiting to get into our hotel we explored the city as much as we could. We landed at 10 and we were told we wouldn't  get into the hotel until 3 so, after reading on the daily mail, I booked us into the Cartier Exhibit in the Grand Palace. The exhibit showed the most famous pieces of the Cartier history. Including those of Kate Middleton , Grace Kelly and Elizabeth Taylor. It was truly magical. 





We spotted the Christmas market when we came out of the grand palace and had to have a look. It was a magical place of little wooden bungalows filled with beautiful jewellery and food. 








After the market we headed to le Marais. This is one of my favourite areas in Paris. I have been coming here for years and some how we managed to find the restaurant myself and my parents visited almost 6 years ago.  We spent most of our days and evenings roaming around this amazing area, and of course sampling wine from all of the bars...for blogging purposes of course. 



To be true frenchies we had to go with cheese and bread and a bit of ham on the side with our wine. 




After lunch we had a wander around the beautiful Place Des Vosges. It's always been my favourite place in the whole of Paris. Filled with designer stores and museums throughout its a beautiful place. 






After our wander we headed down to the Champs Élysées. Of course I forgot my camera but it was a night filled with wandering (and stopping in Sephora) as well as visiting one of my favourite restaurants in Paris. Silma Hill is on Rue Lord Byron and is a resturant I've been visiting for 11 years. A beautifully unique Indian resturant that is very underrated. It's a must visit if your in need of an amazing resturant near the champs élysées. I regret not bringing my camera as all of you deserve to see the inside of this beautifully classic Indian resultant. 

Of course it isn't a blog post with out an outfit of the day. Sadly since I was such a silly billy blogger, i forgot my charger for my camera so this is the last of the nice pictures this holiday, and the last of my outfits of the day. 



Coat- Part Two
Tshirt- Villa
Cardigan-Zadig & Voltair 
Jeans- Topshop
Hat- Small Boutique 
Boots- Gap 
Bag- Fran & Jane 
Scarf - Small Boutique in Barcelona


New Years Eve I showed John all around Paris. We stopped by the Notre Dame, and walked around the bridges and of course couldn't go to Paris without being the typical cheesy couple and visit the famous lock bridge. Even more cheesy and romantic the lock bridge is right beside the restaurant my parents got engaged in over 11 years ago on our first ever trip to Paris. Of course we had to pop in, and in true french style snails were a must have. 












Sadly not sure if these will ever be ordered again...

After all of our sightseeing we decided the time had come and off we trotted to Place Vendom and  Rue Cambon and it was time for Chanel. I treated myself to a vintage style Chanel necklace and my amazing boyfriend surprised me with an incredible pair of Chanel pearls which I will cherish for the rest of my life. 





 Arent They Prettty?? 


A strong glass of wine was in order so we roamed around and popped into the beautiful L'Imperial restaurant. We sat with wine and yet more ham nibbles and we fell in love with the place and swiftly made reservations for dinner that night to ring in the New Year. After a quick shower and a change into on of my new Asos purchases (No pic but I will definitely be wearing this again) we were back out for more pre dinner wine and an amazing dinner. 




The resturant is so romantic and you definitely should visit it next time your in Paris. As we were right beside the bridge of the Seine overlooking the Eiffle Tower we poped into a newby bar for a baileys for me and a scotch for himeself before we rang in the new year with champage looking onto the Eiffle Town in Glittery delight. 



 




The last two days of our holiday didn't involve much as everything in Paris is closed on New Years Day and we spent the morning exploring all 7 floors of Galeries Lafayette on Thursday, Gazing at the beautiful Christmas tree decorating the center while I shopped , and the evening in yet again Le Marais finding ways to spend the last of out holiday money. 








Now that we are home we are both in a post Paris depression and already planning our next trip back to the city. For our trip we stayed in the beautifully chic Les Plumes Hotel in the Oprea District. It was an amazing central location and a perfect hotel for a couples getaway to Paris. If your popping over any time soon make sure you book your stay here. You will love it. 

Here's to the next trip away.... Wonder where we will be going before Paris part 2. 

x






0 comments:

Post a Comment