Trusty Sidekick

Whenever I opt for a smokey eye, I tend to panic a bit, because I have so many 'smokey' colours in my collection, that I hate choosing one over the other. Im a Gemini and very indecisive. It's not that my smokies have feelings, I just want to make sure all my colours are appreciated.

I ventured out to Coppers in Dublin and decided on a smokey eye. I tend to do this on all my nights out. No idea why. As I have mentioned before, I find one of the best parts of a night out is the actual getting ready part. I think it's a girl thing. Or maybe just a me thing.

I chose to use the Smokey Eyes palette from Sephora. This baby is in fact very very good. It's a nifty little palette which contains four colours and even an instruction booklet that tell you exactly how to don a smokey eye. The little tutorial is also quite informative, but I chose to mix and match and kind of do my own thing. No offence Sephora.

Obviously we Irish and UK girlies don't have a Sephora on our little islands, but it is considered the mothership in the US. Their own brand products are of good quality and are also quite a reasonable price.






Photobucket



Photobucket





Photobucket





Photobucket









The palette comes with a base, lid, contour and highlight colour, although as I said I mixed and matched and didn't follow the booklet, I thought it was very black and I wasn't feeling it. I used my Estée Lauder Stay in Place eyeshadow base as a primer, then I used the brown and black to kind of make a smokey amalgamation. I used the highlight under the brow bone. I also brought the black down under the lower lashline to round it off.







Other products I used:



FACE

MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NW15 mixed with

Chanel Pro Lumiere in no. 10 Limpide

MAC Creme Matifiant as a primer

Bere Escentuals Powder Foundation in Light

MAC Mocha Blush

Sephora Sculpting Disc



EYES

Estée Lauder Stay in Place Eyeshadow Base

Catrice Gel Liner

Essence Lash Mania Ultra Volume Mascara in Hypnotic Black

Inglot Brow Pencil in 515

Clinique Kohl Pencil in Black Noir





LIPS

Essence Lipliner in Soft Rose

MAC Lipstick in Hue



And here's what I wore:









Sequin Top: Topshop

Black Skinnies: Zara

Heels: Kurt Geiger











Palettes like this are great for nights out and are easy to transport. I may indeed use this alot more, the black is one of the blackest shadows I own!





I hope you're all having a lovely week! :) And if you haven't already, enter my giveaway HERE!



Love!





0 comments:

Post a Comment