A Weekend in The Countryside


First of all before I even start this blog I want to say thank you soo soo much to each and every one of you. Today I reached a goal I didn't think would be possible for a while and surpassed 300 followers on my blog. Now I know to many that may not be a lot but believe me to me it really really is. This year is beginning so well, lets hope it continues. Now that I have passed my goal of 2013 if decided to host a giveaway. Watch this space in the next few days. :)

Now on to my blog


As the title may suggest this is another one of my travel posts. However it's not one where I fly off in to the sunshine , me and himself decided to go on a pre- New Years va-cay venturing into the Irish Countryside. However to us dubliners usually anywhere outside of Dublin is considered the country. We decided to pop down to Kilkenny for a quite trip away for 2 nights. I love traveling in Ireland because the drive was only an hour and a half, yet we were transported onto a new land, one with lots and lots of sheep!!!!!:)


We headed down on Saturday and stayed till New Year's Eve the Monday. We stayed in Hotel Kilkenny. I cannot recommend this hotel any more. It is perfectly in the centre of town with a pool, gym, restaurant , beauty spa and amazing bar. It has everything I could have needed.

As we were tired, and hungover from a 21st the night before, we decided to head out for a quite meal on the Saturday night. I decided since we were on holidays why not dress up!!!



Jacket/cardigan : Miss Selfridge
Peplum: Topshop
Scarf: Alexander Mc Queen
Bag-Louis Vuitton Neverfull
Jeans: Topshop denim jeggings
Shoes: Zara Trf Heels

We headed into Kilkenny town , by taxi of course my heels wouldn't hold up (only €5 ) and headed to The Left Bank bar for a pre dinner drink. I first came to this bar nearly 3 years ago with my parents and have longed to go back ever since. It's an amazing place with an incredible atmosphere. It became our go-to place for the weekend. After this we headed up town and headed to an amazing Italian restaurant I read reviews of on trip advisor. It was called La Rivista. It is a small Italian with the most amazing , fresh and perfectly prepared foods. Sadly I didn't get any photos due to the lighting but get the pizza it's well worth it.

The next day, after a well deserved 11 hour sleep and a hearty hotel breaky we headed off into the country to explore parts of Ireland we had never seen before. First stop was Inistioge. A small town about 20/30 mins away on the banks of a river. We arrived at around 11 to a town full of car but no people. It is a truly Irish town and every person was in mass. It was as if we had the whole town to ourselves. 





It was amazing to be able to roam around the place in pure silence. It's an adorable town with tiny houses and decayed buildings. The scenery is incredible. And of course being the blogger that I am I took advantage of the scenery for an OOTD


Jacket- Zara
T-Shirt- H&M
Jeans-Topshop
Bag-Louis Vuitton Neverfull
Jeans- Topshop
Shoes- Zara


After Inistioge we decided to head to Graiguenamanagh but thanks to my map reading we took the wrong turn but thankfully this let us see some of the most amazing Irish scenery if ever seen. Sadly Graiguenamanagh wasn't really anything incredible so we just headed back to town.






Since we were in the tourist mood we decided to visit Kilkenny Castle, conveniently located beside The Left Bank!!! This castle is amazing. It's all stone built with some of the most amazing brick work I've ever seen. Sadly we didn't do a tour of it but we did do our own of the grounds and surrounding gardens. It's well worth a visit and if you want a tour they are only €6. It's perfect









After all our walking we decided to pop into of course our new obsession , you guessed it, the left bank:) thankfull the lighting was ok so I could take a few photos , an of course I had to include my vodka soda!!! If you ever go there get the ham and cheese panini but be warned its huge. You need someone to share it with.





Once we were done with our tourist adventure we headed back to the hotel , he went to the gym and I availed of my alone time by relaxing in the room and having some me time.Once rested we headed out for dinner, but not before running into friends of mine from college in the hotel, what are the chances, and of course not before an always needed Outfit of the Night.



Cardigan- Topshop
Peplum- Topshop
Necklace- Asos
Jeans-yet again, Topshop
Heels -Zara
Bag -Louis Vuitton
Bracelet- A Christmas present from himself


We headed down to an incredible Tapas bar The Grapevine. I adore tapas so does himself, and we both agreed this was the best tapas we've ever had. Sadly that's to a bottle of wine for the 2 of us the only photo I have is off the starter, a board of freshly cut Spanish hung ham , my absolute obsession. After I dined on the Spanish chilli and patas bravas!!

Once finished we head yet again to the left bank for a few drinks, followed by the hotel bar where we ended getting lost in vodkas and headed back to the room many hours later. During our drunken hase we decided we didn't want to leave and even now sober we wish we didn't have to but sadly the hotel was completely book for New Years.

Next time we will make sure to stay longer.

Let me know if you ever visit that area and what you think

X


0 comments:

Post a Comment